Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Buckeye wants to find and stop fraud, waste, and abuse. We want you to help us. We want our doctors to help us. Please tell us if you see something that you do not think is right.
What does this mean?
- Fraud: Intentional deception or misrepresentation to obtain the money or property of a health care benefit program (by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises).
- Waste: Using services or other practices that result in costs not needed.
- Abuse: Getting money for items or services when there is no legal reason for that payment, but without knowing and/or intentional misrepresentation of facts to obtain payments.
What can you do to help stop Fraud, Waste, and Abuse?
- Buckeye Provider Services: 1-866-296-8731 (TTY: 711)
- Office of Inspector General: 1-800-368-1463 (TTY: 711)
- Department of Aging: 1-866-243-5678 (TTY: 711)
- Senior Help Line: 1-800-266-4346 (TTY: 711)
- Ohio Department of Health 1-614-466-3543 (TTY: 711)
If you think someone is committing fraud and abuse, tell us. Call Member Services at 1-866-549-8289. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. On weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned within the next business day. TTY users call 711.
Report abuse or fraud. We will not tell anyone what you tell us. Eliminating fraud and abuse will provide more time and money for your healthcare needs.