Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (MMP)
The Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) is a joint effort between the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Buckeye) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Ohio Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. The goal of this program is to improve the experience in accessing quality, coordinated care.
What is MyCare Ohio?
MyCare Ohio is a new managed care program that will coordinate physical, behavioral, and long-term care services for individuals age 18 and older, who are eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare. This includes people with disabilities, older adults, and individuals who receive behavioral health services.
As a member of Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio, you will still be able to get all medically-necessary Medicaid and Medicare-covered services including Healthcheck (EPSDT) services. Here are some of the benefits you will receive at no additional cost by enrolling with a MyCare Ohio plan for your Medicare and Medicaid services:
- A MyCare Ohio health plan to serve as your single point of contact for all of your Medicare and Medicaid services.
- A single ID card to carry with you for all of your Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Access to a Nurse Advice line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that will offer immediate assistance with your questions and concerns.
- A care team, which will include you, your family, your doctor(s), your MyCare Ohio health plan and anyone else you choose to help you make decisions about your health care.
Does everyone who has both Medicaid and Medicare have to enroll in a MyCare Ohio plan?
No. You do not have to enroll in a plan if you:
- Do not have full Medicaid benefits and Medicare Parts A and B;
- Are younger than age 18;
- Receive PACE;
- Have a spenddown;
- Have any private medical insurance, including retiree benefits, other than a Medicare Advantage plan; or
- Do not live in one of the these counties: Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Delaware, Franklin, Fulton, Geauga, Greene, Hamilton, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Madison, Mahoning, Medina, Montgomery, Ottawa, Pickaway, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Union, Warren, Wayne, or Wood
If you meet one of the exclusions above, call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680 or visit www.ohiomh.com. (Please note: By clicking on this link you will be leaving the Buckeye website.) Otherwise, you must choose a plan.
Buckeye Health Plan is located in the following counties of Ohio:
- Clark, Cuyahoga, Fulton, Geauga, Greene, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Medina, Montgomery, Ottawa, and Wood.
You can get this information for free in other languages. Call Member Service at 1-866-549-8289. TTY users call 711 (Ohio State Relay). Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. The call is free.
Usted puede obtener esta información de forma gratuita en otros idiomas. Llame a Servicio al Cliente al 1-866-549-8289. Usuarios de TTY deben llamar al 711 (Relé de estado de Ohio). El horario de atención es de 8 AM a 8 PM, siete días a la semana. La llamada es gratuita.
Last Updated: 09/30/2015