Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) by Buckeye Health Plan
Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Buckeye) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Ohio Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. Persons who meet the rules to join MMP can get benefits from one single health plan—MMP.
MyCare Ohio MMP Benefits include:
- Inpatient hospital and nursing facility stays
- Home health
- Transportation services
- Routine vision exams and eye wear, including eye glasses or contact lenses
- Preventative and comprehensive dental services
- Hearing exams, including hearing aid fittings and hearing aids
- Out of home respite services
- Enhanced Community Living Services
- $25 each calendar month for over-the-counter items from our mail order pharmacy
- Medicare-covered drugs for Medicare recipients
- Waiver programs. (for eligible members)
- Adaptive/assistive devices
- Adult day health care
- Emergency response systems
- Home-delivered meals
- Home modifications
- Nursing facility care
- Nursing services
- Personal care assistance services and/or skilled therapy services
- Respite care
- Supplemental transportation
These waivers provide members on Ohio Medicaid with certain services that allow them to get long-term care outside of a hospital or nursing facility. Those who meet the rules to join have been understood as having a physical or emotional need or skilled level of care. Without the services available through the waiver benefit, these individuals are at risk for hospital or long-term nursing home placement.
MyCare Ohio will include all of the services that are covered in the following home and community-based Medicaid waivers: PASSPORT, Choices, Assisted Living, Ohio Home Care, and Transition’s Carve-out. If you are getting services in one of these waivers at the time you joined in MyCare Ohio, you can continue to get those same services by your same providers for a specified time.
For more information on any of these benefits we provide, please call Buckeye Member Services at 1-866-549-8289. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. On weekends and on holidays, you may be asked to leave a message. Your call will be returned within the next business day. TTY users call 711.